Last edited by internationaluncle; 08-28-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Ek Tha Tiger All Set To Smash Box Office Records Of Shah Rukh Khan And Aamir Khan
1) The first record which Ek Tha Tiger breaks is the 24-year gap between Salman Khan and YRF. Despite being in the industry for close to two and a half decades, Salman Khan had not worked in any film under YRF, but Ek Tha Tiger changes that.
2) The projected numbers by those in the business indicate that Ek Tha Tiger will definitely hit the 100-crore club. If it so happens, this will be YRF’s first ever film to enter the 100-crore bandwagon.
3) Experts predict that Ek Tha Tiger has all the ingredients required to become a big opener at the box office. Earlier this year, Hrithik Roshan starrer Agneepath had set the record for the highest collection on the opening day, grossing a whooping 23 crores. And if Ek Tha Tiger earns more than 23 crores on the day of its release, i.e., 15th August, then Salman Khan will surpass the record set by Hrithik Roshan.
4) Salman Khan can beat not only Hrithik’s, but his “arch rival” Shah Rukh Khan’s record as well. By earning 25 crores and more on either the opening day or any other single day, he will be successful in beating SRK’s record of highest single day collection for his film Ra.One.
5) Talking about collections, if Ek Tha Tiger can earn more than 91 crores over a period of five days, then also he will beat SRK’s record of highest collection during five days for Ra.One.
6) There is not a better moment than knowing that you have beaten your own previous record. Salman Khan too can experience this feeling if he reaches the coveted 100-crore mark in less than 8 days. His earlier film Bodyguard had achieved this milestone in 8 days from its release date.
7) Till date, the ‘Dream 200-crore’ throne has been enjoyed by Rajkumar Hirani’s 3 Idiots alone. But if the anticipated numbers are anything to go by, then Ek Tha Tiger should join this elite club soon. Best buddies Salman Khan and Aamir Khan might be sailing in the same boat, er, ship!
8) Having said so much about the Tiger, Salman Khan himself, let us talk about our leading lady Katrina Kaif as well. The beautiful actress will also taste her first 100-crore success with Ek Tha Tiger. And who knows, she might just get lucky to get a direct entry in the 200-crore super elite club!!
9) Last but definitely not the least, Ek Tha Tiger will make Salman the undisputed 100-crore king of the box office. He will become the only star to have a massive record of four back-to-back 100-crore movies. Now that’s what is called a “Mega Star”, right?
Hopefully it will break all those records, the trailer looks promising. Will watch in theaters on EID.
Looking Forward to This One Thanks to Salman & YRF For this Wonderful Eid Gift.
Release date: 15/08/2012
Running time: 132m 49s
Consumer Advice: Contains moderate violence and infrequent bloody images
Looks like this one is set to break all opening records due to YRF-Salman-Katrina
EK THA TIGER: Release Phenomenal Advance Phenomenal
Tuesday 14th August 2012 11.00 IST
Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network
Ek Tha Tiger will shatter all first day box office records as the advance is phenomenal and that too on a phenomenal release across India. The film will be the first film Hindi film to be screened in over 3000 screens. Ra.One and Don2 had 3000 plus screens but that was not just Hindi but with their South India dubbed versions as well.
The advance which opened over the weekend at places is phenomenal in every circuit. Obviously with such wide releases you don't get 70-80% first day tickets sold in advance for day one as was the case 10-12 years back but the film will have the highest number of tickets sold in advance before the day of release.
Ek Tha Tiger should set important benchmarks across India tomorrow. The biggest being hitting double digit figures in Mumbai circuit. If it hits the 10 crore nett mark in Mumbai it will be the first time that a circuit total has hit double digit numbers. The first time all India figures hit double digits was just four years back when Ghajini hit 10 crore nett on its first Sunday.
It could also create records in Mysore and Tamil Nadu where the last few Salman Khan starrers have not broken records despite breaking records in other circuits.
With around 3300 + screen in India, this is bound to break all the records.
I am a Salman fan too, but funny how people called it BlockBuster even without waiting for it to release haha
Going for the movie tomorrow , 1st day 1st show :P
Movie will easily earn more as ticket prices have increased too. (if producers get the share from price rise)
going, 1st day 1st show, ticket 320rs. Dont knw its worth or not
Gonna be the best. Waiting for a Blast .
Movie Ek Tha Tiger Review
Ek Tha Tiger, starring salman khan, ranvir shorey and katrina kaif. As expected its a full of action and bit of comedy in the movie. Film Ek Tha Tiger is the story of a raw agent and a girl, how they come to a problem which can be problem for a raw agent's work.
Ek Tha Tiger needs a good heroine with good dialogue delivery.Katrina kaif totally fails to give a good acting in the movie again. Though, people are not going to watch her for sure. Music of Ek Tha Tiger is good, that loves to listen all the way.
Total of Ek Tha Tiger is good time-pass,one time watch movie. 3/5.
Ek Tha Tiger or Bandar ?